This is the privacy and cookies policy for www.tape.sh (Site). The Site is operated by or on behalf of Rockhoppr Ltd and Binary Code Ltd trading as edamame studio **(we, **us and our). For the purposes of the EU GDPR, we are the data controller.
We are committed to protecting your privacy on-line. We appreciate that you do not want your personal information distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
- We do not, and never will, sell your data
- We use privacy respecting third party analytics services e.g. getinsights.io - and collect the minimum amount of information to understand how you use Tape.sh and its associated products
- We won’t spam your email, but if you’ve signed up we may sometimes email you with product updates, new features and discounts
- We process payments securely through a third party and don’t store on our servers any of your payment details or personal details entered during subscription. Please see the Payments section for more info.
- Tapes are public links that are automatically set to expire (unless configured otherwise). Anyone with this link (a long, hard to guess one) can view your Tape - this is what allows easy sharing
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information (such as your name, email address) that you or a third party authentication provider such as GitHub provide to us by signing up to Tape.sh including if you register as a user of the Site, subscribe to any service, upload or submit any material via the Site, request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor;
- in connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in details;
- details of any transactions made by you through the Site;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content;
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
When you visit the Site, we may, by means of cookies and/or other similar technologies, automatically collect additional information about you – such as the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the Site, your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer or mobile device on the internet) and/or the operating system of your computer or mobile device.
We try to use analytics providers that will respect your privacy. More information on GetInsight’s webpage https://getinsights.io/what-data-we-collect
We use a third party provider on the website for detecting bugs and crashes. Bugnsag’s data policy is located here
We collect information through the Site as to your approximate location for internal marketing purposes, and understanding where our users are based.
Delivery of location services will involve reference to look-up of your country of location by reference to your IP address against public sources. See GetInsight’s website for more information.
If you enable the “Do Not Track” header, we will honour it for analytics. For crashes, this is handled as per Bugsnag’s data policy.
Cookies and other technologies
When you interact with the Site, we try to make that experience simple and meaningful. When you visit the Site, a web server sends a cookie or other similar technology to your computer or mobile device (as the case may be).
Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or mobile device (as the case may be) when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser.
Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site and will last for longer.
The cookies and/or other similar technologies we use collect information, such as the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the Site, your IP address and/or the operating system of your computer or mobile device.
- remember that you have visited us before. This means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the Site;
- collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Site where you have come to the Site from, so that we can improve the Site and learn which parts of the Site are most popular with users; and
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser or mobile device. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site.
Uses made of your information
We use your personal information which we collect to:
- enable us to process your orders and to provide you with the services and information offered through the Site and which you request;
- administer your account with us;
- audit the downloading of data from the Site;
- identify visitors to the Site;
- understand where are users are from, and how to they learnt of the website;
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes;
- provide you with important service and security information, essential for the usage of the Tape.sh applications and services.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site in order to describe our services to prospective partners and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may share your Personal Data with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing IT and other support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
The Site may, from time to time, make chat rooms, message boards, news groups and/or other public forums available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and never disclose your personal information.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
Payment details you provide will be encrypted using secure sockets layer (SSL) technology before they are submitted to us over the internet. Payments made on the Site are made through our payment gateway provider, Paddle.
You will be providing credit or debit card information directly to Paddle which operates a secure server to process payment details, encrypting your credit/debit card information and authorising payment.
We place great importance on the security of all personal information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Storage of your information
The Personal Data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“). Such storage is necessary in order to process the information. Personal information submitted may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above (see Information sharing section above), which may be situated outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA. The countries concerned may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. Where we transfer your personal information we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. By using the Site, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
You have a legal right to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
We retain Personal Data for as long as we provide the Services to you or your account remains open.
If you have any complaints about our use of your information please contact us as set out above or contact the UK supervisory authority –The Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”).